Does your school want to take part in our Rest of the World Rocks 2022 competition?! Times Tables Rock Stars are running an online times tables competition for all schools across the globe from Monday 21st March 2022 to the Wednesday 23rd March 2022!
We’re on a mission to find the most dedicated TTRS school, classes and pupils in the whole world to award them with certificates and Amazon vouchers.
The competition is open to all schools not located in the United Kingdom, Ireland, Guernsey, Isle of Man and Jersey. Only correct answers given between the hours of 00:00 am UK time on 21st March through to 11:59 pm UK time on 23rd March will count towards the competition. A 60-minute limit playtime per player, per day, will also apply. Those 60 minutes do not need to be played in one block - they can be spread throughout each day.
- This competition will run from 00:00 UK times on Monday 21st March 2022 to 23:59 UK time on Wednesday 23rd March 2022 (the “Competition Period”).
- The competition is open to any school (primary, secondary or all-through schools) located in Australia, Bahrain, Belgium, Brazil, Brunei Darussalam, Canada, Cayman Islands, China, Colombia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Egypt, Finland, France, Germany, Ghana, Greece, Hong Kong, Hungary, Iceland, Indonesia, Italy, Japan, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Korea, Kuwait, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malaysia, Mauritius, Mongolia, Morocco, Myanmar, Nepal, Netherlands, New Zealand, Nigeria, Norway, Oman, Panama, Peru, Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Qatar, Russian Federation, Saudi Arabia, Seychelles, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Africa, Spain, Sri Lanka, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Tanzania, Thailand, Turkey, Turks and Caicos Islands, United Arab Emirates, United States, Viet Nam, Zambia or Zimbabwe only who has either an active school subscription or an active school trial to Times Tables Rock Stars on ttrockstars.com.
- To enter your school in the competition, please login to your Times Tables Rock Stars account and head to Tournaments > ROTW Rocks. Please accept the invitation and choose the Maths Classes that you would like to participate in the competition. Please note that Pastoral Classes cannot participate, only Maths Classes can participate.
- You MUST unenroll any classes you don't want to participate BEFORE the competition starts. Once the competition starts, you cannot change which classes are enrolled or unenrolled.
- A daily time limit of 60 minutes per player is applied. In other words, each player can earn competition points for up to 60 minutes between 00:00am UK time and 23.59pm UK time each day. Once the player goes beyond 60 minutes of play for that day, they will still earn coins but will no longer earn points towards the competition, This does not have to be done in a single sitting.
- The winners of the class competition are the ones with the highest average number of correct answers per pupil who played on Times Tables Rock Stars during the Competition Period.
- To calculate the average, our algorithm divides by the number of pupils who take part during the Competition Period. There needs to be a minimum of 10 pupils in the class who take part. If only 1 to 9 pupils from a class play during the competition, or there are fewer than 10 pupils in the class, then our algorithm will still divide by 10 for the purpose of the average to simulate there being 10 players in the class.
- Similarly, to calculate the school's average, our algorithm divides by the number of pupils who take part during the Competition Period but will divide by 10 as a minimum.
- Answers given correctly by pupils on any game mode within Times Tables Rock Stars count towards the total scores (i.e. to include questions answered in Gig, Garage, Jamming, Studio, Arena, Festival and Soundcheck game modes). This ensures that pupils of all ages and levels can take part.
- Schools or classes deemed by Maths Circle to be taking measures that give them an unfair advantage may be removed from the competition.